Google Photos is a photo sharing platform developed by Google Inc. It was developed to replace Picasa. Picasa was bought over by Google from Idealab. It is no longer functional. However, Google Photos is a still great place to store photos. Plus you get unlimited storage for your photos. As long as you limit photos to 16 Megapixels and videos to 1080 HD. Google Photos Sign up is also free. You will find it as a great Shutterfly alternative if you only wish to storage and upload photos. Below we will show you how to sign up.
How to Sign Up for Google Photos?
- Go to your browser and open a New tab.
- Type in photos.google.com in the address bar. Press Enter key to load the page.
- Google Photos homepage should load.
- There, click on GO TO GOOGLE PHOTOS button.
- So, in the Google Sign in page, click on Create account link.
- The Google Photos sign up form should appear.
- First, type in your First and Last name.
- Next, type in a suitable username you wish to use. If it is not available, use one that Google suggests.
- Come up with a strong password and type that in. Retype that same password in the box below.
- Select your Birthday information from the Menu.
- After that, select your Gender.
- Go on to provide your mobile number.
- Provide an alternate email address that you also use.
- Finally, click on the Next step button.
- You should then be asked to verify your account.
- So choose between recieving a call or an SMS.
- Then, type in the Code you just recieved in the field provided. Click on Verify to proceed.
- Afterward, you should be asked to create a profile for your Google Photos sign up.
- Hence, upload a Profile picture and a Cover photo. This is not mandatory.
- You can then type in more information if you wish. Or entirely skip the step.
- Then, start using your account once the Sign up is completed.
Remember to create a password more than 10 characters if you want a strong password. Use lower & upper case letters and numbers and symbols. This makes for good passwords during your Google Photos sign up.
- After this, download the Google Photos app for your mobiles.
- I recommend not going through with Google Photos sign up in mobile. It will get congested.
- Then, launch the app after it finishes downloading and installing.
- Use the Google Photos login details you just created.
- You can now upload from your mobile as well.